Little Lids Siobhan

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Bringing home the bacon



As much as I love my craft I love that light bulb moment that will lead to sales. One of my best selling hats to this day was my Peppa Pig creation.

I originally made the Peppa Pig hat for my own daughter as she was obsessed with the cartoon. Once she started wearing it out and about people genuinely stopped me on the street and while we were shopping to ask where I got it. One of my top tips from this experience is to always carry your business cards with you, be it in your jacket pocket or purse.

I decided to post the picture of the Peppa Pig hat on my Little Lids Siobhan Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/littlelidssiobhan and from here sales rocketed.

Peppa Pig while was one of my best sellers but also challenging makes. Making the hat itself was a relatively easy task. The time and labour coming in adding the details such as the ears, eyes and nose. It takes almost as long to make these and assemble the complete Peppa Pig as it takes me to make the hat base. Its a long process and quite time consuming so that's why some hats are dearer because they do take more time and effort to get the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment