Little Lids Siobhan

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A Crafty Business




As with every little girl at some stage all those pretty dolls end up with their clothes lost or washed and shrunk, but thankfully I had my Nanny to crochet them their own little outfits and bonnets. I always thought they were so pretty and no one else’s dolls had them. Even then my little fashionista was bursting out of me.



Then there was the interest in my mam who makes beautiful bed spreads and does lacework as well but she never thought my patience would stick the crochet. So out of pure stubbornness and about 2 years of giving up and getting back at it, i produced a bag of granny squares to her one day to put together and low and behold my first bedspread was born.




Then more important stuff came along like playstations, boys, going out and it was put in the back of the press again. But on the news that I was going to have a beautiful little doll of my own, my idea of having her own blankets and hats and clothes came floating back so I got busy again. From there friends asked me to make items, then people who had received the items asked me to make more and my little business has grown from there.



I have often been told I could charge more or use other quality items. But as a parent and in the current economic climate, I like to think that I am being fair and leaving something affordable and to a standard that will last. Each item is handmade and where possible I like to keep items unique. When I don’t have the needle or glue gun in my hand, I can be found with a pencil sketching new designs or online doing some research. 






Now my own daughter who is only five is ever so eager to help out. While learning to crochet is taking time she is quite handy and happy with the pom pom maker. When her cousins come to play, they don't want to play with any of the toys they want to have a wool party. 







5 comments:

  1. Business in the Community stands for responsible business, corporate social responsibility, CSR. bglide

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Packers and Movers India | Verified and Licensed Professionals

    Looking for affordable Packers and Movers? Compare top 3 Best Packers and Movers in India to choose the right one and save money.
    Move with Us, Move with Trust. Guaranteed Best Shifting Experience!
    Packers and Movers India


    Movers and Packers Charges, Rates, Cost and Price List - Moving Solutions

    Approximate Movers and Packers Charges, Cost, Price, and Rates. Get standard rates
    and quick estimations to compare and select the best service at affordable price.
    Packers and Movers Charges



    Packers and Movers Hyderabad, List of Movers and Packers in Hyderabad

    Packers and Movers Hyderabad here are licensed, reputed, credible and experienced.
    Get free estimates for pre-verified Movers and Packers in Hyderabad. Compare & save!

    Packers and Movers Hyderabad


    Packers and Movers Hyderabad Charges, Rates and Costs

    Packers and Movers Hyderabad Charges, Rates and Costs: Get free price estimates for your move.
    Compare Movers and Packers Hyderabad rates and save money

    Packers and Movers Hyderabad Charges

    ReplyDelete
  5. the blog was more information about the packer and movers and it will help the people to have knowledge about the movingtips

    ReplyDelete