Little Lids Siobhan

Thursday, July 2, 2015

For the littlest Hurling Champion



I work with a few local Photographers producing props for their photoshoots and I love when they call. Its always going to be a special creation for someone who is just about to make their mark on this world.

For one particular photoshoot I was told that daddy played hurling and could a hat be made with a hurley on it and all hush hush as the photo was going to be part of a gift for his birthday.

I admit I was a bit puzzled as to how I was going to put a hurley on a hat, I could have crocheted one but the thing about wood that makes it beautiful is the natural pattern of the wood. After must research I decided to buy some wood patterned fabric and literraly make the hurley. So I drew out the pattern and added the bonding paper by ironing. Once cooled I cut it out and placed onto the hat to add again by ironing.

I have to admit I was quite chuffed with the finished design as I hope the family were with my creation.

I welcome custom orders and its no problem to change the colour or design of a hat to meet the customers particular needs. Being verastile when you are a crafter is simply a way of life, you always have to think outside the box and be able to see the finished product in your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment