Little Lids Siobhan

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Bombing it




I have most definitely passed my love of all things wool and outdoors onto my daughter Isobel. This evening we were "bombing it" aka yarnbombing our tepee.

I used 10 6ft bamboo canes and some left over balls of wool. I pressed them into the ground to make sure they keep the shape and tied them at the top with wool to keep secure.  I also used a smaller stock to make the doorway shape and to mark where Isobel wasn't to pull the wool through.

Then I let imagination and Isobel free and the result is super.  The possibilities are endless, we could leave it as is, we could cover with an old curtain and turn it into a shelter or perhaps plant some peas or nasturtiums to grow up along our weave. 

So for less than five euro we built a home and had a few hours fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment